Monday, June 1, 2009

Equipment Update #2

After an awesome week with the family in San Antonio and New Braunfels, my super-wife drove me and my two youngest boys to Austin to pickup a truck and drive equipment we purchased from St. Pat's back to Houston. After a great breakfast with my brother and his wife, we were on our way back home.

Here's my youngest son, affectionately known as "G-Baby," standing next to the 80-gallon tank.



The 50-gallon RP55 ratchet press. I almost broke my back removing the ratchet mechanism for cleaning. I had to screw it down to a piece of plywood so that I could move it with a dolly.



The 29-GPM flexible impeller pump from Enoitalia. This is the same line of pumps used by many commercial wineries.



This is racking wand below is pretty awesome. It's basically a standard racking wand with a screen attached halfway down. This will be used to rack the wine away from the solids after fermentation.



The ENO-15-S destemmer/crusher. Standard stainless screw and rubber rollers. It will process about 1.6 tons per hour.



All that's left are the barrels, yeast, and chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment